Premed 101 Forums

Financial certificate form - bahh!!!

Alastriss

OK, so I have a sizeable problem

I have to show GWU that I have 73k in liquid assets which USUALLY mean cash. However right now, my parents don't have that money because most of it is invested in their company's capital. Long story short, I can't provide 73k in cash. I do however have a letter from the bank saying that my parents are top clients with excellent credibility and a lot of money in assets and should have no problem paying for it.

will this work? Otherwise I will have to withdraw my app from GWU, its just not worth the trouble.

OK, so I have a sizeable problem

I have to show GWU that I have 73k in liquid assets which USUALLY mean cash. However right now, my parents don't have that money because most of it is invested in their company's capital. Long story short, I can't provide 73k in cash. I do however have a letter from the bank saying that my parents are top clients with excellent credibility and a lot of money in assets and should have no problem paying for it.

will this work? Otherwise I will have to withdraw my app from GWU, its just not worth the trouble.

Call them...

Hey I dont think she knew what she what she was talking about. I am reading the sheet I got on the int. day and it says you just need a letter from the bank saying you can pay the first year. So i will be ok. Besides bank statements can change so fast anyways it makes little sense to rely on them.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest copacetic

i interviewed at GWU and got the same thing. i think you only need to fill this out once you get accepted. cause no bank is gonna give you a hypothetical confirmation for a line of credit. you gotta show them the acceptance letter first, and then they give you the bank statement so you can fill out the form. correct me if you think otherwise

Guest copacetic
Alastriss and copacetic... if you don't mind, can you tell me what your stats were? I've applied to GWU, just recently though (so I know I'm late but just wondering what they accept/interview for Canadians)

my gpa isn't anything to write home about, but i have a solid extracurricular background going back a couple of years (so its not like i suddenly started doing it to get into med school). at the same time i have a pretty robust research background with a couple of abstracts so i actually had an end product. i didn't just volunteer in a lab. in the states they take a more holistic view to their applicants. i've been blessed int eh process so far. check out my mdapps profile! : #11558

hopes this helps!

Archived