Premed 101 Forums

Quick Question

I read somewhere that people have gotten into dentistry in their 2nd year, but dont you require 2 years undergrad? When do you actually apply, lets say I wanted my 2nd and 3rd year marks to be the ones to count, I know for med you would have to apply in 4th year, but is that the same for dentistry?

Thank u! lol please dont bite my head off or anything if this has already been asked already, I did try looking, honest!

Technically if you apply to UWO after 1st year during the fall of your 2nd year of undergrad you meet the "best 2 year" requirement. They will base the interview off your first year marks and then wait for the end of your 2nd year to get your final marks before they give out admissions. Granted you may have a lot less life experiences and so on if you were just out of high school for a year or two...so it may be more challenging during the interview, just depends on the individual. Also you'd really have to make sure to get all your prereqs in by the end of the 2 years. I believe there are 2-3 people in my class with only 2 years of undergrad.

Oh okay, thanks for your reply.

For UWO, do you happen to know if you need to have your DAT and prerequisites completed before you apply? Like can I write that Nov during the time I'm applying (Dec I think?). And for prerequisites, do I have to complete them before I apply, or before I enter?

Oh okay, thanks for your reply.

For UWO, do you happen to know if you need to have your MCAT and prerequisites completed before you apply? Like can I write that Nov during the time I'm applying (Dec I think?). And for prerequisites, do I have to complete them before I apply, or before I enter?

If by MCAT, you mean DAT, then you need to write it in November for most schools, but yes you can write it in nov and apply in December. I believe prereqs need to be done by the end of 2nd year.

Archived