Premed 101 Forums

Gahhhhhh............ I Hate Exams!!!!!!1!!!1

In_Valid

Stuck in a tight position. Have a bchm exam in 7 hours where an 81 will get me a final mark of 90 in the course, which I am thinking I should just slack off for to save another course from potentially dropping to <80 and giving me a 3.3 (divided by 2). AGH at how I am programmed to play the OMSAS scale to my advantage.

Stuck in a tight position. Have a bchm exam in 7 hours where an 81 will get me a final mark of 90 in the course, which I am thinking I should just slack off for to save another course from potentially dropping to <80 and giving me a 3.3 (divided by 2). AGH at how I am programmed to play the OMSAS scale to my advantage.

Save the course. Dropping below 80 hurts a lot more than from 90 to 85.

:) Good luck dawg.

But you end up feeling more guilty when you don't do well, not because you're a type A crazy person who likes high marks, but because you're gonna be screwed in clerkship now knowing the material. Yeah, some say there is little correlation but I don't believe that. You either know your stuff or you don't.

Aite guys, final stretch for me. I have officially become a vampire and will be studying till my 9 am exam, then studying till my 7 pm exam, then getting hammered. How far in are you guys in the exam schedule?

one more. 4th year organic chemistry. gaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh..... actually i don't think it will be too bad. or maybe I just don't care. Can't wait till Saturday. Party time!

But you end up feeling more guilty when you don't do well, not because you're a type A crazy person who likes high marks, but because you're gonna be screwed in clerkship now knowing the material. Yeah, some say there is little correlation but I don't believe that. You either know your stuff or you don't.

sadface........

Token you have it down. You know, I was cramming for a big exam worth 100% last year. I was so nervous and I just was in my lab for my thesis studying at like 7 am (exam in the same building at 9 am - it was a makeup). The custodian there is a buddy of mine asked me if I was ready, and I said no not really. He said that I should stay calm and be ok, because I wouldn't be in this position so far if I didn't know what I was doing. The class eventually became the highest mark.

You are cramming in Newark because you were interviewing at a med school. You are cramming because you have been interviewing at top notch school. You are where you are right now because you know what you are doing, and with an attitude like that you will be stellar in the long-run, regardless of how good or how bad the short run is or seems. A few more days till its home-made food and hanging out doing nothing!

Thanks for the awesome post Alastriss...I desperately needed some reassurance that it actually was possible. So I just did what I would have done in response to any other dire situation I've had in college: I went to the convenience store, stocked up on Red Bull and GURU and studied for about 24ish hours straight (with the lovely effect of screwing up my sleep cycle, but it was worth it). I know I probably won't get the results I'm used to, but screw it, I tried :)

And now I can go back to obsessing over things I don't have control over.

Thanks for the awesome post Alastriss...I desperately needed some reassurance that it actually was possible. So I just did what I would have done in response to any other dire situation I've had in college: I went to the convenience store, stocked up on Red Bull and GURU and studied for about 24ish hours straight (with the lovely effect of screwing up my sleep cycle, but it was worth it). I know I probably won't get the results I'm used to, but screw it, I tried :)

And now I can go back to obsessing over things I don't have control over.

Hopefully it all goes over well. I have f-ed up my sleeping schedule too. I can only sleep for 4 hours now. I can't get the full 8 hours. I just wake up and im not sleepy anymore.

lol 4 hours i can't do for more than a few days or i'd just pass out

but yo i thought grad school was supposed to be a lot more lenient with time

hah, it is if you don't spend the first half of your MSc goofing off and studying for the mcat!

also... I really need to work on my time management skills

i spend 2 hours in the lab, and do maybe 1 hour of work

Archived