Premed 101 Forums

Confused!

hopeful.md

Hey Guys,

So, I'm in my second year of undergraduate studies (in Canada) and am hoping to apply to medical school next year (in my third year). I know that there are a few Canadian medical schools that accept third year applicants, specifically, Toronto, McMaster, Ottawa, Queen's, and Calgary. However, I also want to apply to schools in the U.S. However, I'm not sure which schools in the U.S. accept third-year applicants. Also, what's the deal with "primary" and "secondary applications" for U.S. medical schools? I often hear these two words in pre-medical forums, but I really have no idea what they mean. Can someone clarify the application process for American medical schools for me?!

Thanks in advance! :)

Some US schools say they accept third year applicants, but I don't think any actually do.

Primary application is a general applicantion sent to all schools, and then you need to submit secondary applications for individual schools after they receive your primary.

Some US schools say they accept third year applicants, but I don't think any actually do.

Primary application is a general applicantion sent to all schools, and then you need to submit secondary applications for individual schools after they receive your primary.

Thanks n00b! :)

Search Function.

Sorry about that! I was just looking for for a quick explanation, but I guess when I look back at my post, it seems like I was just being lazy! I'll definitely keep this in mind for a future inquiry! :)

Archived