Premed 101 Forums

Berkley Review and Nova Physics

SolitaireAddikt

Hey

I heard that Berkeley Review and Nova are really good for Physics Self Study. I know its hard to get Berkeley up here, but I have someone who can bring it up for me so its not a big problem. I'm planning to get Berkley Organic Chem, but since I don't want my friend to have to carry up too much stuff, I'm debating whether its worth getting the physics book as well. So basically, what I want to know is if Berkeley is far superior to Nova for physics, or if I can just get by getting Nova instead.

Thanks

Hey

I heard that Berkeley Review and Nova are really good for Physics Self Study. I know its hard to get Berkeley up here, but I have someone who can bring it up for me so its not a big problem. I'm planning to get Berkley Organic Chem, but since I don't want my friend to have to carry up too much stuff, I'm debating whether its worth getting the physics book as well. So basically, what I want to know is if Berkeley is far superior to Nova for physics, or if I can just get by getting Nova instead.

Thanks

BR is superior. I have both. I also post on SDN. BR passages are much tougher and they give better test strategy. Nova is good for concepts, BR lets you integrate material. If anything, u could skip the O chem, since ochem is less emphasized.

Once you start taking practice MCATs, you'll quickly realize that too much info is actually bad.

I used the TPR books for everything (excluding verbal) and was learning physics and chemistry from scratch pretty much. There was enough background information there to make sure you understood the concepts, equations, etc and it was not just a condensed review (like EK). TBR and NOVA is a bit much imo. But if you've got the time - they can't hurt, I've heard good things about them too.

Once you start taking practice MCATs, you'll quickly realize that too much info is actually bad.

I used the TPR books for everything (excluding verbal) and was learning physics and chemistry from scratch pretty much. There was enough background information there to make sure you understood the concepts, equations, etc and it was not just a condensed review (like EK). TBR and NOVA is a bit much imo. But if you've got the time - they can't hurt, I've heard good things about them too.

I'm recommending passages. BR passages are the best. I have TPR and it's awesome. However, TBR chem and physics passages are on another level. For bio passages, no one touches TPR. I agree with too much info. TBR is full of tips on how to do quick calculations.

Archived