Premed 101 Forums

Applying as a US citizen

raquel12

I am a dual citizen of Canada and the US. I went to high school in the States but am currently in my 1st year at uvic. Will I be treated as an American or Canadian applicant to US medical schools? Will it be easier for me to get in to med school in Canada or the US??:confused:

Thanks!

This is not true. Only if you have a green card or US citizenship will you be treated as an American.

How else do you think people get SSNs other than through having citizenship or permanent resident status!?!?! Aside from the few issued an SSN for temporary work stateside, these are the only routes to obtaining a SSN.

The op already mentioned that he/she was a US citizen so including his/her SSN when applying will ensure he/she is treated as an American in the app process.

How else do you think people get SSNs other than through having citizenship or permanent resident status!?!?! Aside from the few issued an SSN for temporary work stateside, these are the only routes to obtaining a SSN.

I think you answered your own question lol. Anyway, yeah the OP would be American.

• 2 weeks later...

Another way is if your parent is in the US for work. I have a SSN from living temporarily in the US (my dad was there on a work permit). Definitely can't apply as a US resident though.

Archived