Premed 101 Forums

DO and Canadians

vpv

Hey I just wanted to know how the AACOMAS calculate Canadian students GPA when they apply to Osteopathic schools. I feel that my first choice would be to stay within North America for my medical education, if I choose to pursue it and I don't really give a dog's behind about the "stigma" against the Osteopathic Doctors; after all, it is just a couple of letters.

I understand that the AMCAS calculate GPAs for Americans and Canadians differently (ex. They would see a 90+ from an American institution as A~ while an 80+ from a Canadian institution would be considered A~)

The source for AMCAS' calculation is:

http://www.aamc.org/students/amcas/2...rsionguide.pdf

Does AACOMAS use the same method that AMCAS does or do the DO schools treat Canadians similar to Americans, when calculating their GPAs?

I highly appreciate any response provided.

Thank you.

vpv.

In addition to my first concern, I'd also like to reach out to the countless *hopefully* Guelph students. If someone can provide an insight into the Biomedical program at GU as well as the Arts and Science program, I would be grateful. I want to know how competitive the program is, what type of opportunities there are in upper years *research, etc* I need to ask even more questions but first I need to get a hold of someone...

Archived