Premed 101 Forums

MCAT & GPA cut-offs POSTED

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.schulich.uwo.ca/education/admissions/medicine/

the 11bio is killing me too =[

has there never been instances where interviews were granted where, say two sections on your MCAT score are flipped with what they want? for example, 11verbal and 10bio :confused:

i read in another thread that someone got an interview invite before at queens with an MCAT total of only 28...

3.75 has to be met in each of the two best years? Or (year1 + year2)/2 = 3.75?

in each of the two best years.

if only one of your best years is over 3.75, you are qualified for an interview.

if you are accepted, it hinges on attaining a 3.75+ on your current year.

3.75 has to be met in each of the two best years? Or (year1 + year2)/2 = 3.75?

i was reading the most frequently asked questions, and it says it has to be met each year. if you don't have it for 2 years, you have to have it at least for one year and then...get conditionally accepted provided that you finish your final year with 3.75? so in the end...that's 2 years again hehe

Last year I went to an indian semi formal and the cutoffs came out on the same day. Cutoffs out now and indian semi formal that I am going to is also today haha.

3.75. Can someone say GPA inflation?

SWOMEN catch enough of a break as it is. They have a big advantage post interview and things could be worse.

Effing 'Q'!!! C'mon! What's wrong with a bloody 'P'? Eff! Pretty frustrating to have everything else safely beyond the cutoff except for that bloody Writing Sample... Eff!

I feel your pain. All my other sections are far above the cut off, just writing is P...

I think we can expect similar outcomes across Ontario, the rumours of massive application numbers seem to be coming to fruition.

Seems like the most appropriate thing to share at a time like this is the gettysburg address...

I would expect the upcoming application cycle should show a spike given the lousy state of the economy. This current cycle had deadlines before the economy decided to meltdown.

That said, I've heard from a very reliable source that UofT received 200 to 300 additional applicants this year.

Archived