Premed 101 Forums

Interfolio/LORs

joshto

LORs are part of your secondary application.

Some schools have chosen to use a centralized LOR service provided by AMCAS. If you apply to one of those schools, you have to submit your LORs to AMCAS (doesn't have to be done with your primary) who will then distribute them to schools.

Otherwise, you'll be sending them to schools indiviudally.

interfolio seems too good to be true.

Hi,

I used Interfolio when applying to (Canadian and American) medical and graduate school and very much appreciated their services. Once your inventory of documents is complete (and you can stock your inventory well in advance) then as soon as you know to where you need to send the documents, and when, you just send word to Interfolio and all's well.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

About Interfolio,

Would our reference mail a copy or send an electronic version to Interfolio? Also

Do we have to pay for each letter that is sent out (i.e, 4 LORs X 25 schools X $4 per LOR)? I'm going to be opening a account in May and want to try and figure out some costs and logistics beforehand.

Thanks,

About Interfolio,

Would our reference mail a copy or send an electronic version to Interfolio? Also

Do we have to pay for each letter that is sent out (i.e, 4 LORs X 25 schools X $4 per LOR)? I'm going to be opening a account in May and want to try and figure out some costs and logistics beforehand.

Thanks,

Hey

Your reference could mail a copy or send an electronic version. Either way works although I recommend the electronic version.

For 4 letters, i remember it cost me 4 dollars to send/ school. So it will be 4 x 25, not 4 x 4 x 25.

Interfolio is awesome, I was wondering what should we do once your account has reached it's subscription date and is about to be terminated.. It seems to be such a waste seeing all your hard earned Letters of Recommendation getting deleted... Is there a way for us to keep a copy of these letters? Also, will these letters become useful in residency applications and beyond?

Archived