Premed 101 Forums

Wondering..........

Senacak

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum and I wondering if I could get into a US medical school. I would really appreciate some advice from people who are currently enrolled, accepted or are currently planning on applying in the 2010 med. school admissions cycle.

I’m a 22 year male- Canadian Citizen

My stats are a 3.55 CGPA, 3.71 science GPA, MCAT 12 bio, 11 phy, 11 verb , writing R

- My first year, I did terrible...got something like 2.5 GPA and my general chemistry mark was a C grade

- The rest of the years, I did really well with one exception. I got a D in organic chemistry. However I retook the course and got an A.

- How much does the C and D grade hurt me since they are important premedical courses?

- I have no real research experience however I did volunteer in a university laboratory for 2 years.

- I have a lot of volunteer experience: coached competitive soccer for 3 years; I have 250hrs in a nursing home; I have 50hrs of physician shadowing; I am an active member of my church and I organize various events such as the Christmas food drive; I am a board member of a soccer club organization and I am responsible in organizing the clubs house league

- I am also a professional musician and I have played at various events and business establishments

- In high school I was offered a number of soccer scholarships in the US, however I turned down all the offers since I had other plans for myself back home.

- I am also an entrepreneur. I co-established a ticket brokerage/promotions company about three years ago. My business is doing very well. I now consider it a hobby.

- I also am bilingual in English and Greek.

- Most importantly I have valuable life experience

- I have traveled extensively; Leisure and Business

I am wondering.........

What are my chances of getting accepted into a US medical school?

What are my chances of getting accepted into a top or middle tier US medical school?

What other options should I pursue as well if going to the US does not work out?

Thank You in Advance!

Archived