Premed 101 Forums

Should I apply?

Rarkon

I know a lot of these are posted, but I am hoping I could get some advice.

I am currently in my Fourth year at U of T, and I'm not doing too well this application cycle. So I am wondering if I should apply to the states next cycle.

GPA after 3 years is 3.77, but that should be higher ~3.8 after this year.

I took the MCAT twice:

First 12/9/m/15

Second 12/11/p/15

May do it a third time to raise the writing, but I am not sure.

My EC are okay, nothing special. I think the best thing I've done it 2 summers of research.

I also lack an english credit, which I plan to do during the summer, but I don't know if it will be in time for the June application.

My ultimate plan is to do the medical degree in the US, then do residency + some clerkship in Canada (Ontario). My specialty of choice would be immunology.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. :D

I know a lot of these are posted, but I am hoping I could get some advice.

I am currently in my Fourth year at U of T, and I'm not doing too well this application cycle. So I am wondering if I should apply to the states next cycle.

GPA after 3 years is 3.77, but that should be higher ~3.8 after this year.

I took the MCAT twice:

First 12/9/m/15

Second 12/11/p/15

May do it a third time to raise the writing, but I am not sure.

My EC are okay, nothing special. I think the best thing I've done it 2 summers of research.

I also lack an english credit, which I plan to do during the summer, but I don't know if it will be in time for the June application.

My ultimate plan is to do the medical degree in the US, then do residency + some clerkship in Canada (Ontario). My specialty of choice would be immunology.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. :D

a quick browse through the forums, who got interviews where, and what our stats were would tell you that you are indeed (and obviously) competitive.

Immunology? Blah. :P

Anyway, did you apply to Dal? They don't care that much about the WS score to my knowledge. If you can improve that WS a bit, though, you could probably save a lot of money by going somewhere in Canada.

But rewriting a third time may make things a tad difficult for the US. if your plan is to study in the US a 38 will get you into a pretty good school.

Archived