Premed 101 Forums

Wait lists make me CRAZY!!

iheartmed

So, I was waitlisted at Wayne this last admission cycle and really, really, really want to turn that into an acceptance ASAP

Do you guys have any first hand knowledge about being wait listed this late at Wayne? Do most people that are wait listed get in eventually? Also, did anybody send in a letter of intent highlighting why you want to go there and why you are a good fit for the program? I think it seems a little desperate but get the sense that they are kind of looking for that.

I would love any help you guys can give me.

• 6 months later...

Hey, sorry to resurrect this, but I'm getting paranoid because I only have 1 interview so far (Wayne, coming up in Oct) and got 0 last year, despite applying to 15 schools last year.

If anyone's curious .. my stats http://www.premed101.com/forums/showpost.php?p=357264&postcount=65 (list of schools is drastically different though as I've taken out the higher tiers on the list and instead applied to places like EVMS, VCU, Maryland)

Has anyone been waitlisted at Wayne, and what ended up happening?

iheartmed .. what ended up happening with your WSU waitlist situation?

My friend got a very late interview at Wayne last year in January. She was waitlisted and got accepted in Western Physio in the meantime. In June or July, she was accepted into Wayne, but by then she was already into physio mode so she didn't go. I would have taken her place gladly:D I wish I could have applied last year instead of having to wait an extra year for physics and english prereqs :P

A friend of mine was also waitlisted at Wayne this past 2008-09 application cycle (he had his Masters, several publications, great ECs, but a 7 in verbal). He applied late (in August 2008), interviewed in early 2009 and was put on the waitlist. He was starting to lose hope during the summer...but then he was accepted into Wayne in late July/early August. There is hope!

Thanks wrighm6 and c17h. That sounds scary, though, as I wouldn't want to only have 1-2 months to worry about the insane tuition and having to move out of the country. Honestly I'd rather they reject me than leave me hanging in that much horrible suspense. Hopefully that sort of thing won't happen to me if I interview in early October as opposed to winter (like both your friends) .. fingers crossed.

Archived