Premed 101 Forums

Timeline question

Mila

Just wondering, whats the general timeline procedure for applying to med schools in the states? (When did you apply, when did you hear a reply, offer of interviews, when did you start school etc.)Ive been thinking of applying durring my 3rd or 4th year of my undergrad degree..is it even possible to apply durring your 3rd year???

After completeing my undergrad, i would like to directly go into med school and not wait a whole year..but from looking at other posts, its confusing as to if this is even possible! Any advice would be great thanks!

Guest viscous
Just wondering, whats the general timeline procedure for applying to med schools in the states? (When did you apply, when did you hear a reply, offer of interviews, when did you start school etc.)Ive been thinking of applying durring my 3rd or 4th year of my undergrad degree..is it even possible to apply durring your 3rd year???

After completeing my undergrad, i would like to directly go into med school and not wait a whole year..but from looking at other posts, its confusing as to if this is even possible! Any advice would be great thanks!

its called s.e.a.r.c.h.i.n.g

You can start thinking about applying right now actually. Primary applications can be submitted as early as June 1.. then you start getting secondary applications from individual universities and you submit those too as quick as possible.. and I believe some people can start getting interviews as early as October or something. But i'm not very sure though. so even though the application cycle would still be open until the fall, it's advised that you apply early. I'm gonna be applying for the first time in this round too. Do you already have your MCAT?

Archived