Premed 101 Forums

question about AMCAS 2010

thanks dude, appreciate that.

two more questions:

1- For UofT guys, what are you entering in "Academic Term" field full year courses? Are you choosing "Full year - semester system"?

2- There is no 'Spring' semester at UoFt, rather it is called "winter semester." So is Uoft's winter = spring of Amcas?

In case this helps, my university in the US had fall and spring semesters. We didn't have any winter semesters, so I think you're right for Q #2.

Guest viscous

How did you guys write the description for your activities? Did you also mention what you learned from them or you just kept it extremely objective i.e. what your responsibilities were and what the outcomes were? On average, did you use all the 1300 or so characters? 1300 x 15 seems to too much of writing ....

How did you guys write the description for your activities? Did you also mention what you learned from them or you just kept it extremely objective i.e. what your responsibilities were and what the outcomes were? On average, did you use all the 1300 or so characters? 1300 x 15 seems to too much of writing ....

There doesn't seem to be a set way to do the descriptions so it's really up to you. Apparently some people write descriptions of what they did + explanations of what they got out of the experience. I will only be using bullet points to describe what I did, nothing more. Adcom have essays to go through and a bunch of other stuff, I don't want to tick them off by having novels in the activities section. :P

I would write as much informative information as possible in bullet points.. while making sure u stay out of redundancy especially if this is something you mentioned or expanded upon in your P.S.

As Rach said.. you don't want the people reviewing your application to hate you

So you guys basically just literally did:

*Served as X

*Performed this and that

*Helped to do this that

*Occasionally did that

For each EC?

I also have another question guys - when listing your course work, are current/future courses optional?

I'm thinking that it's pointless to list a summer course that I am taking right now, since the grade won't be available until August and since I will be sending my transcripts in for June, they'll verify it and but any course with no grades will not be used in their GPA calculation. I have all my prereqs met - so is this pointless to include?

Edit: To answer my 2nd question, I just called AMCAS, so for you future applicants - listing courses that you are currently taking or will take is OPTIONAL. You only need to list whatever is completed with grade assigned when you submit your primary.

Guys, I have another question :o

If we are sending in our LORs to AMCAS via Interfolio - how do we go about doing this?

The instruction booklet says we need to have our letter writers send the letters into AMCAS themselves from their Interfolio account but I've read that the student can do it?

Also, if we CAN send in the LORs ourselves from Interfolio, is there a sheet we need to include with it, and can this be done electronically - I'm really confuse, lol.

Well it's kinda simple but I haven't finished it so I hope I understand it correctly... But after interfolio receives your letter, whether by mail or electronically, you have a notification that you documents have arrived. (and you can't see them), then you specificy where you want them to be sent.. and in this case, AMCAS has a specific address for interfolio, and thus you tell interfolio to send it electronically to AMCAS. (or to those schools that don't participate in the AMCAS letter service.. or maybe to the Texas system)

Guest viscous
Well it's kinda simple but I haven't finished it so I hope I understand it correctly... But after interfolio receives your letter, whether by mail or electronically, you have a notification that you documents have arrived. (and you can't see them), then you specificy where you want them to be sent.. and in this case, AMCAS has a specific address for interfolio, and thus you tell interfolio to send it electronically to AMCAS. (or to those schools that don't participate in the AMCAS letter service.. or maybe to the Texas system)

word .. hmm

For filling out course work, should I leave future courses blank? I'm stuck in the summer between third and fourth year, so I'm not too sure about what courses I'll take exactly next year, though I have a general idea. Should I fill out what I know, or skip the entire thing?

For filling out course work, should I leave future courses blank? I'm stuck in the summer between third and fourth year, so I'm not too sure about what courses I'll take exactly next year, though I have a general idea. Should I fill out what I know, or skip the entire thing?

If you do a "search", you'll find previous threads to answer your question. I think it's a yes to fill out what you think you'll be taking.

Guest viscous

just to confirm, is this the address at which our transcripts are sent?

AMCAS, attn: Transcripts

AAMC Medical School Application Services

P.O. Box 57326

Washington, DC 20037

Archived