Premed 101 Forums

E-mails OUT

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Applicant for Sept. 2009 Entry, Queens University: Waitlisted- - - -

I'm a NB resident in undergraduate studies. My cGPA was 4.1 on a scale of 4.3and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: 12

Verbal: 11

Biological Sciences: 12

Written Sample: T

This was the 1st time I wrote the MCAT.

Interview Feeling/experience: Honestly- I felt the Queen's interview was quite sterile, and I know I bombed the first 2 questions, only coming back for the last few. The waitlist notification is not surprising.

This is my first time applying to this school. I was WAITLISTED.

- Premed Guy

so, how long does Queen's wait until they start offering waitlisted people seats that were declined? Should we be expecting movement by next week?

In the past the 29th was the deadline to respond..... and shortly after that they make another round of offers.

What do your last names start with?? I don't have anything yet and if it were a mass email I should.

Also, could you all put your stats up on the accepted/rejected/waitlisted thread? I'll need to look at that obsessively throughout the day I'm sure!

What do your last names start with?? I don't have anything yet and if it were a mass email I should.

Also, could you all put your stats up on the accepted/rejected/waitlisted thread? I'll need to look at that obsessively throughout the day I'm sure!

Last Name "S", gmail account.... I wonder if that makes any differences because I was told when they had problem sending the interview invites it was due to gmail.

waitlisted.... yea, i have a gmail acct too... sorry to ask this... but is there any correlation between placement on the list and time of sending. they send mine at 7:55 am or so Queen's time. ummmm.. so i guess if ppl havent heard back yet, that might be good news... seems they have only issued waitlists so far... and waitlisting = rejection at Queen's? are they doing any rejections this year?

Rejected.

No surprise, really. It was my first interview, and I knew it wasn't my best.

PS: 10

VR: 11

BS: 13

WS: S

GPA: 3.77 (most recent 2 year)

Queen's Writing Sample: Not bad. Filled the page with 3-4 coherent paragraphs.

EC's: Did they even look at them?

]I really think it's rookie my interview performance that did me in. Let's wait and see what the other schools will say today...

Guest viscous

is it possible that they waitlisted a number of people which has a reasonable chance of moving, and rejected the rest? Or they waitlisted all and rejected quite a few who really really blew their interview?

Archived