Premed 101 Forums

English prerequisites

I have taken a writing course (half credit, writing 101 from UWO - for those of you Westerners) and have written a thesis for my MSc. Some schools have said they will wave their english requirement (if they had one) based on this and the fact that I have taken "essay" courses in undergrad.

However, I have found that a lot of schools are quite strict on the english requirement... If I apply this summer for 2010 entry and intend to take an english class sometime during next academic year from some university, how will the school know I am taking this class from looking at my AMCAS application? My concern is that the admission boards will throw out my application immediately once they see I have not taken english.

I've posted once before... I'm new to the American application system and am somewhat confused about the process... Any advice would be appreciated!

There is a section for current or future courses on AMCAS. You would list the course that you intend to take there.

I have a question about this - I won't get to pick my courses until mid June but wanted to submit my primary before then. If I do put down the courses I might take, they'd be very likely to change (the timetable isn't out yet, just the course calender). Does it matter if I don't list my courses for next year?

I have a question about this - I won't get to pick my courses until mid June but wanted to submit my primary before then. If I do put down the courses I might take, they'd be very likely to change (the timetable isn't out yet, just the course calender). Does it matter if I don't list my courses for next year?

It doesn't matter. As long as you don't say you're taking a prerequisite and then back out (without plans to complete it later).

Archived