Premed 101 Forums

Turn to the US when CAD schools arn't working out...

I’m a 3rd round applicant, and just finishing up my masters... GPA 3.75, 30 MCAT (just out of contention for most CAD schools), bunch of publications/abstracts, and a solid EC sketch.

I'm waitlisted at UofT (fingers crossed), but in lieu of getting in this year, I'm going to send a large batch of applications to US schools (Virginia, Maryland, Michigan, Toledo, Ohio, Georgetown, Wisconsin, and Wayne State). However, the tuition is mind boggling! I'd like to return to Canada after my training, but it looks like it will be difficult with the massive debt I will be incurring.

Does anyone know what the average net salary of a US vs CAD family physician is?

Has anyone here successfully matriculate in the US, and finished with <$300,000 in debt?

Scary stuff…

US schools don't have cutoffs, but the higher the score the better.

ed: I didn't want to sound super discouraging, from what I remember I don't think anyone here got in with less than 31 (hope someone proves me wrong).

I'm waitlisted at UofT (fingers crossed), but in lieu of getting in this year, I'm going to send a large batch of applications to US schools (Virginia, Maryland, Michigan, Toledo, Ohio, Georgetown, Wisconsin, and Wayne State).

Umm I don't know if your'e American or what but U of M and MCO (Toledo) don't accept international students!

Archived