Premed 101 Forums

English Requirement

I know that most US schools required one full year of English. I was wondering if a full year IB English credit would satisfy that requirement. If it does then I don't need to take English next year. Thanks!

Edit: IB = International Baccalaureate

Okay, I am finishing my masters at the moment.. and I have not taken an Eng course throughout my academic career.. I was planning on taking this coming winter (i will take 2 half credits).. I want to list this on the AMCAS course information but would this have to be verified by a transcript? I haven't technically enrolled so it wouldn't be there..

I think someone posted something similar to this but i can't find the thread.. if so, I apologize for the repetition..

Okay, I am finishing my masters at the moment.. and I have not taken an Eng course throughout my academic career.. I was planning on taking this coming winter (i will take 2 half credits).. I want to list this on the AMCAS course information but would this have to be verified by a transcript? I haven't technically enrolled so it wouldn't be there..

I think someone posted something similar to this but i can't find the thread.. if so, I apologize for the repetition..

It should be fine. AMCAS may or may not remove the course from your primary application if it's not on your transcript, but schools for the most part do not care about your current/future courses anyway.

You'll have to indicate that you're taking the class on your secondary applications.

Thanks Token!

Another questions.. would they give me a secondary .. considering that I wouldn't have fulfilled their course requirements?

This is getting off topic.. but I assume every school is different with how they distribute their secondary applications.. is it a good indication if you get secondaries or is it still an uphill battle?

Thanks Token!

Another questions.. would they give me a secondary .. considering that I wouldn't have fulfilled their course requirements?

This is getting off topic.. but I assume every school is different with how they distribute their secondary applications.. is it a good indication if you get secondaries or is it still an uphill battle?

Most schools will give everyone a secondary automatically...so getting them doesn't say anything about your application unfortunately

Schools won't look at your prerequisites at all until after you've been accepted so don't worry.

Thanks for the replies guys. I don't think I'm going to take the risk, so I'm going to take an English cuorse. Does anyone know if a summer full course counts for US med schools? Thanks.

Summer courses are fine...as long as you take the equivalent of two full semesters worth.

• 1 month later...
Hey guys, I know that some Canadian schools don't count summer courses when they are calculating a student's GPA. Do all American schools count summer credits in the calculation of the cGPA?

I believe so. They all rely on AMCAS GPA as far as I know. And I think AMCAS takes all courses into account.

Archived