Premed 101 Forums

Anyone verified yet?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
based on that SDN thread there are lots of early submissions .. are there typically that many june applications in past years? i hope my june 23 primary submission isn't considered "late" now LOL

I wouldn't worry at all. From my experiences, there are tons and tons of people who submit in July and August, even September (but once again, this depends on the individual). It may seem like alot of people on SDN submitted early, but keep in mind that the American population is 10X the Canadian population...they have alot more people, alot more applicants and alot more schools than we do.

no not good news. but i already submitted my GW secondary. they sent me the email and i know they don't pre-screen.. as long as my AMCAS ID is with them they should be able to make a file for me i hope

what's good is that not all secondaries are out yet.. and we can already work on the ones that are out.. so it's not too bad.

actually it's kinda nice to have this 3 week period of writing secondaries under no pressure.. if i was verified right next day it would be more stressful and i'm really busy with other stuff.

if you print out your verified application you will see your calculated GPA

Yep....its funny how they make you click Print and then view it on PDF...they know everyone is going to want to know those numbers so why not just put under Cousework or something.....

no not good news. but i already submitted my GW secondary. they sent me the email and i know they don't pre-screen.. as long as my AMCAS ID is with them they should be able to make a file for me i hope

what's good is that not all secondaries are out yet.. and we can already work on the ones that are out.. so it's not too bad.

actually it's kinda nice to have this 3 week period of writing secondaries under no pressure.. if i was verified right next day it would be more stressful and i'm really busy with other stuff.

Yeah I sent mine in yesterday through xpresspost (18 bucks!)

Working currently on Dartmouth and Boston though I don't think I will meet Boston's LOR requirements and no online courses requirements so will delay its submission until....probably eternity.

I found boston's tone very lenient although i haven't contacted them yet. they say "should" rather than must and give you a lot of space to explain why you can't come up with those references.. so i think they should be fine as long as you have SOME sort of science reference.. plus the "at least" 3 references is nice since it means u can submit all you got if you got more.

err...dumb question. you can start your secondary NOW?? i thought secondaries are done after you have your primary verified and checked. i see. so i can start my secondary now...:cool: ...interesting.

you can start your secondary prompts by checking http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=625377 .. depending on your school, they may already be posted, so you can slowly start writing and editing before you actually receive the secondary in your email inbox. So once you receive your copy of the secondary, you can pretty much fill it out right away.

Archived