Premed 101 Forums

Anyone verified yet?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

today i had my first official application-related nightmare :D i dreamed that i got verified by AMCAS.. but when i checked my GPA and MCAT.. they both dropped a big deal.. not !@#$%ing pleasant.. i even had the chance to regret applying a bit later than i had originally planned.

today i had my first official application-related nightmare :D i dreamed that i got verified by AMCAS.. but when i checked my GPA and MCAT.. they both dropped a big deal.. not !@#$%ing pleasant.. i even had the chance to regret applying a bit later than i had originally planned.

Boy, nice to see that level of enthusiasm for the application process. Wishing you all the best:)

Verified today, submitted on July 1st. For coursework I got the same scale as UofT for my GPA, except they gave me an A for an english course that I got 81 in (UofT gave me an A-).

BTW what does AO and BCPM mean? I saw my GPA was broken down into these 2 categories and then I have another category for total GPA.

what school are you from? Are you at queen's?

I had the same problem if you are from queen's. my gpa was 3.73, but i told them that my school uses a letter grade system and that my transcript says on the back (official one) that the letter grade should be used. So they changed it all to the scale posted on the sticky.

I submitted July 17th last year, and got verified after the first week of august. Things might have gotten busier.

No i'm at uOttawa.. my GPA didn't change at all.. this sucks as I was hoping it would go up by 0.1 or so.. we also use letter grades. so you are saying we can ask them to use a different system which can make the GPA higher?

Submitted July 1st, got verified July 23.

80+ = 4.0 from UWO. I only have a 3.88 GPA according to OMSAS, but AMCAS is so kind to give me a 4.0 overall lol. Now it's time for secondaries...urgh.

Hahaha, that's awesome!! :D Now I wish I went to UWO....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Hey Gitanjali, you submitted on the Aug 21 and were verified today? The only reason I am asking is because I thought AMCAS verification takes 4-6 weeks. I guess that's a "suggested" time frame. I must be close then because I submitted my app on Aug 24

Yea I guess it can be done quicker too! I know smb else on this forum also had it verified in abt 3 weeks, so I was kind expecting to be verified abt this time..yours shuld be done in less than a week too i guess:o

Archived