Premed 101 Forums

MCAT rewriters

mildoc1

I'm rewriting in just over a month (crap!) and I find that I'm far more anxious then I was the first time I wrote. I feel so bad after my first results that's it seriously affecting my confidence. I am working so hard & doing reasonably in my practice exams...but it was the same as when I wrote in April. The only difference is now I'm scared. Any suggestions for how to deal?

I'm rewriting in just over a month (crap!) and I find that I'm far more anxious then I was the first time I wrote. I feel so bad after my first results that's it seriously affecting my confidence. I am working so hard & doing reasonably in my practice exams...but it was the same as when I wrote in April. The only difference is now I'm scared. Any suggestions for how to deal?

The best advice I received was in first year chemistry. I was going into an evaluation and I was gripped by an irrational fear, "what if I blank upon entry?" I explained this to a guy beside me and he said, "you know what? Just do the best that you can do. THat's all there is."

Ever since then, I have taken that to heart. Upon entry into the room I take a few breaths, calm down and attempt to do the best that I can do by the grace of God.

This is not to say that you should just do the best that you can on very minimal studying. You should certainly put in the effort and truly engage in active learning. But after you've done all of this, leave it in the hands of God and kill that exam to the best of your ability.

You've done it once, you know your stuff. So now regroup, focus on discrepancies and don't be scared. Hope it helped.

Archived