Premed 101 Forums

Noob question about releasing MCAT scores

war485

Just wondering if the MCAT scores from the AAMC are automatically released to Canadian med schools (specifically to those in the Atlantic provinces like Dal and MUN)?

You have to release them yourself. Canadian schools arent in the same system as the american AMCAS schools, so they wont be able to see your scores unless you release them.

sorry for hijacking the thread. If you have written the test more than one time, do we have to release all the marks? or can we only release one?

thanks

for omsas you have to release them all...not that it matters, since they look at most recent or in the case of queens, best.

• 3 weeks later...

If I can ask my own question here, is it possible to add more schools once I have released my scores to a first set? I know you can't remove any schools once you have submitted them.

Also, are there any consequences to sending to more schools than I may apply to? eg. school X wants scores now, but I'm not sure if I will apply to schools Y and Z in October. Can school X see that I released scores to Y and Z?

Archived