Premed 101 Forums

How did you feel when it was done?

eyeopener

...and how did that feeling compare to the actual result?

I am having a lot of mixed reactions about my test. I wrote July 17th, and felt that I was focused during physical science and verbal, semi-flustered after the writing sample (wrote to the very last second! ahhh...) and I had difficulty staying focused during biological science. Maybe my extremely short attention span had run short, but either way, I felt like I had difficulty especially during the bio section and I can't anticipate doing very well overall.

Generally, when you walk out of a test, you have an idea if you nailed it or not; when I came out of the MCAT, I literally had no idea how it went. I may get a 45T or end up with a 17L; ha, I could not even begin to guess. Also, during practice tests, my marks were really ranging; with AAMC tests, I managed 28-30 each time, and with Kaplans, it was 29-33. So, this also adds to my great confusion! I know there is no sense in dwelling over something I cannot change, but its just this innate desire to know how it went that is getting me.

Did any of you have any pleasant surprises in seeing your result compared to how you felt when it was over?

The first time I wrote it, I felt like I missed quite a few things and did bad, and I got 32M. The second time, I whizzed through it and thought it went super, but ended up with 31M. You never know. It turned out that it was enough to get me in.

• 2 weeks later...

So, anyone from any of the latest score releases have anything to add to this? I just wanted to bump this thread, because soon we are going to have a throng of score releases, and people will be able to compare their feelings post-test to how it actually was.

I actually almost felt like crying at one point during my exam, after the physical sciences section... And when I walked out, I was just glad it was over. But it all worked out nicely in the end, with a 35Q. But, certainly your pre-exam prep would be the best indicator of how you'll fair in the end.

Archived