Premed 101 Forums

SUNY Upstate - Paying the fee

So since I'm an international student applying to SUNY (I'm a Canadian), when I get to the e-cashier page, it tells me to check this box if I'm an international student....then it autofills a Syracuse, NY address in for me. Do you guys put your OWN address there?

Just thought it was kind of weird...

I checked the box and got the same address information inputted. I used a credit card linked to a US address and changed the fields so it corresponded to the address associated with the credit card.

This worked for me, as I received an email right away telling me they had received my payment. The payment also immediately showed up on my status page and I received an email 3 days later saying I was "complete".

I suppose you can leave it or change the address... if it doesn't work, it'll probably be reflected on your status page... in which case, you can probably contact the admissions office.

I applied there last year and as I recall you should keep the Syracuse, NY address when you submit your payment.

I think this is because the system is not setup to accept credit cards that are associated with non-US addresses. The autofill Syracuse, NY address bypasses that problem.

I applied there last year and as I recall you should keep the Syracuse, NY address when you submit your payment.

I think this is because the system is not setup to accept credit cards that are associated with non-US addresses. The autofill Syracuse, NY address bypasses that problem.

If this were true, then the system should automatically reject your payment if you enter a Canadian address.... in which case, it probably doesn't hurt to try... but I would call the admissions office first to be safe.

I suppose my situation was different because the credit card information I used is associated with an address in the US. I do recall that the system asked for "state" and "zip code" and such, so it makes sense that the system only asks for credit cards associated with US addresses.

So since I'm an international student applying to SUNY (I'm a Canadian), when I get to the e-cashier page, it tells me to check this box if I'm an international student....then it autofills a Syracuse, NY address in for me. Do you guys put your OWN address there?

Just thought it was kind of weird...

You can't put your address. The states are all US.

So you have to check off the box and keep the same address. They just need your email address. I paid the fee this way and it went through.

i kept the US address.. next day i received an email from some people called FACTS thanking me for making payment.. it's a pretty stupid system. i hope i did it correctly

+1

at some point it felt like I was on some third party website...SUNY's name was nowhere to be seen. Kept checking things to make sure what was going on....

Archived