Premed 101 Forums

real example vs hypothetical example for ws

strawberriHoney

For written sample, i know that real examples are always better. but i was going through some of the statements. and some of them, its almost impossible to come up with real examples.

I saw this one: Some dishonesty is necessary to keep a friendship strong.

When it comes to topic like this, would hypothetical examples be suffice? or anyone have any ideas of real examples?

if my b/f has a new shirt he is crazy about, but it is only okay, I will say "I am happy you are happy, and its great!" rather than give him a critique that will only put him in a bad mood. Another example, the friendship of two close States, Israel and USA, its understood and a given that each don't always tell each other the complete truth, there is of necessity some dishonesty, they may each have spies doing their thing to collect the true informatio0n from each other, etc. People, States, friends often do what is in their own best interests, not always in the interests of the others and there may be lack of truthfulness or even deception by ommission rather than commission.

An unfaithful person who truly loves the other may be dishonest for the sake of the relationship. And then, of ocurse, there are the little whites lies that always occur.

These are the examples I came up with:

Thesis: During the war in Iraq, many soldiers are restricted from telling their friends and families about their location and the nature of their mission. This is for the safety of the soldiers of course.

Anti-thesis: Dr.Phil always preaches honesty on his popular relationship show. Talk about how lies require more lies to cover up and enter a viscious cycle.

Synthesis: War vs. peace

I came up with the examples by thinking about common synthesis principles and then working from there.

Archived