Premed 101 Forums

AAMC work/activities

I have a really silly question guys,

for the work/ activities section on AAMC, can we also enter major awards - for eg. an entrance award or a course award we got during undergrad? Also, do we group all academic related awards under 1 category?

Thanks a tonne!

I dont know what I would do without this forum:)

I have a really silly question guys,

for the work/ activities section on AAMC, can we also enter major awards - for eg. an entrance award or a course award we got during undergrad? Also, do we group all academic related awards under 1 category?

Thanks a tonne!

I dont know what I would do without this forum:)

Yeah you can put undergrad awards if you need to. You can also combine awards depending on the availability of spots and importance.

In my own attempts at securing a solid primary, I've never found any official direction regarding how that section is to be filled out.

In my own opinion, since you only get 15 slots it basically comes down prioritizing what will fit. If you only have 12 things you're including then by all means split up some awards/scholarships and include them there. If you're tight for room then create a general 'awards' category and use the ample description space to clarify which ones. The bottom line is that you get everything in right?

I'd won a bunch of awards at EMS competitions, some medical, some trauma, all at different medical conferences etc... so I just did them all under one category. Otherwise I'd have to leave out other unique experiences.

Good luck!

Archived