Premed 101 Forums

How long does AMCAS take to process LORs recieved from Interfolio?

Do letter usually get lost at AMCAS? my LOR writer sent it out almost 3 weeks ago and I haven't heard any from AMCAS yet. Would it be wise for me to ask my reference to send in another one (and probably ask his secretary to use registered mail)?

I'm having issues with my LORs too. Two of them haven't arrived and they were sent before some of the ones that have already arrived. I'm assuming it got lost somewhere..so I'm getting my references to upload the PDF instead. If they can't, i'll offer to pay for an expresspost

I'm having issues with my LORs too. Two of them haven't arrived and they were sent before some of the ones that have already arrived. I'm assuming it got lost somewhere..so I'm getting my references to upload the PDF instead. If they can't, i'll offer to pay for an expresspost

I have been through this. One of the referee sent his letter around Jun 20th. It was not received even after 3 weeks, whereas some of the ones mailed after his were received by Interfolio.

Another referee's mailed letter was completely lost in the system and was never received by Interfolio.

Both were sent through regular mail.

Then I requested both of my writers to give me new letters in sealed envelope. I picked them up sealed/signed and mailed them through xpresspost myself to avoid hassle for them.

While the two letters were in the xpresspost delivery, one was received by Interfolio (the one mailed like a month ago).

Moral of the story....

Use xpresspost or FedEx or Purolator..etc...regular mail is not reliable.

Archived