Premed 101 Forums

LOR requirements

I was looking at Jefferson Med school's LOR requirements, and they state:

If individual letters are sent, we prefer one biology, one chemistry and one physics and one humanities. You may direct exemption requests to the Committee on Admissions using the optional information section on the Secondary Application.

THing is, I am doing Biology and Psychology double major at my school. SO my Physics and Humanitites profs dont know me that well. I feel wierd even approaching them. Should I still explain to them my situation and ask them for a letter? What did other ppl do??:confused: :confused: :confused:

Jefferson is pretty lenient with their LOR requirements. They only recommended having 4 (one from each subject area). If you don't meet those requirements, you should still be fine. I sent in one science, one non-science and one non-faculty letter and I was complete there.

This may be a kinda dumb question at this point (I haven't started hounding for LOR's yet), but is there some specific format that the writer's follow? Or is it just freelance write whatever they want to kinda letter? Also, if institutions send it in, it should be on official letterhead and signed even though it may be electronic? I guess I am kinda spooked after seeing the Kentucky paper version.

I was looking at Jefferson Med school's LOR requirements, and they state:

If individual letters are sent, we prefer one biology, one chemistry and one physics and one humanities. You may direct exemption requests to the Committee on Admissions using the optional information section on the Secondary Application.

THing is, I am doing Biology and Psychology double major at my school. SO my Physics and Humanitites profs dont know me that well. I feel wierd even approaching them. Should I still explain to them my situation and ask them for a letter? What did other ppl do??:confused: :confused: :confused:

I sent four letters: one from bio prof, one from chem prof, one from my PI and a character reference (from a volunteer coordinator)...I only fulfilled 2 out of the 4 requirements, and I received an interview invite. I did not email them before submitting my application, so I don't think they're too strict on these reference letters.

Archived