Premed 101 Forums

SUNY Upstate Prereq coursework

So I am hoping I'm not the only one having trouble with this one, but did anybody else have troubles submitting prerequisites for biology? My university didn't offer "general" biology courses in first year, and they said they don't accept specialties. I'm sure many other universities do not offer general biology courses in first year. What is/have people been doing to get around this?

I'm still having no luck trying to talk sense into the contact there.

BUMP. Anyone else applying there with the same problem? Or what courses did you apply there with from your school?

I think I used first year organism biology, first year cell biology and a second year molecular biology. I'm sure any first-year biology courses are general enough though.

I think I used first year organism biology, first year cell biology and a second year molecular biology. I'm sure any first-year biology courses are general enough though.

I think you should be alright. The lady who handles Canadians was insistent that they only accept "general biology" or zoology. Nothing else is a substitute. I felt so screwed. I guess it means I'll have to go back to school (at a different school) next summer if I am hopeful for SUNY.

Archived