Premed 101 Forums

Sept 03, 8am

BStill

Hello everyone,

I must say that the PS and BS were ridiculously hard. I took many FL exams including the AAMC and must say that the level of difficulty was above any AAMC exam. Also, the BS was very organic and experiment based with hardly any physiology. I am very disappointed with my performance.

David.

My BS had 3 orgo passages. Usually verbal is very difficult and confusing for me, however I thought it wasn't that bad. Could be false security though.

I am usually pretty decent at PS and BS; however, this exam was very convoluted. I wasted an incredible amount of time trying to understand what the passages were even about.

Very disappointed and angry right now.

I took the Sept 3rd 8 am exam and I agree that PS was pretty difficult. I've never had to flat out guess any questions but this time I had to for like 2 questions. BS was fine for me though -- only 1 orgo. Verbal was BRUTAL though :(

Did the OP mean Sept 4th? I heard todays had 3 orgo passages.

Yes I had to flat out guess on two PS questions as well - never ever had that happen before. I didn't think the rest was as bad. Bio I felt was very tricky - i dont remember one passage on body systems.......

Tough discretes on both science sections....

• 4 weeks later...

10/9/11Q

The I knew PS wouldn't be as high as I hoped it would be.. and I knew verbal was highly unpredictable.. and BS had hardly any orgo on it... Writing sample Q is good? Bad? Average? I don't even know..

So I guess its not much of a surprise..

These marks are too mediocre to be competitive in US or Canada right?

Hope you guys had better results!

They must be.. someone in another thread mentioned they were out. Good luck!

lol i deleted my post cuz I realized that in my panic attack, I read 'sept 04, 8am' and this is the thread for the writers on the 3rd...although, I think both results were supposed to come out on the same day *panic attack X2*:eek:

lol i deleted my post cuz I realized that in my panic attack, I read 'sept 04, 8am' and this is the thread for the writers on the 3rd...although, I think both results were supposed to come out on the same day *panic attack X2*:eek:

lol yep! if you go to the Sept. 4th post in this forum, you'll see that someone posted the results are out :)

PS11/VR11/BS11 S ... well, that's actually exactly what I expected but lower than I hoped. Up from a 9/10/11 T last year. I feel a little stupid having spent another whole summer just on MCAT and only upping my score 3 points. There is no way I am rewriting yet again so I guess I'm stuck with the mediocrity I deserve.

PS11/VR11/BS11 S ... well, that's actually exactly what I expected but lower than I hoped. Up from a 9/10/11 T last year. I feel a little stupid having spent another whole summer just on MCAT and only upping my score 3 points. There is no way I am rewriting yet again so I guess I'm stuck with the mediocrity I deserve.

that's an awesome score and you can hit cut offs everywhere in Canada. If i knew i could do that, i'd be happy to put in a summer.

that's an awesome score and you can hit cut offs everywhere in Canada. If i knew i could do that, i'd be happy to put in a summer.

Thanks for the encouragement, definitely needed it right now. My GPA was pretty terrible so I was sort of hoping a great score would help out in the states or Calgary. But I guess I gave it my all this time around and meeting the cut offs at Western is nice.

Hope everyone else's turned out alright!

Thanks for the encouragement, definitely needed it right now. My GPA was pretty terrible so I was sort of hoping a great score would help out in the states or Calgary. But I guess I gave it my all this time around and meeting the cut offs at Western is nice.

Hope everyone else's turned out alright!

for calgary your WS makes a BIG difference for the mcat portion. I think you are at a 12 out of a max of 15 with that WS score. So thats amazing.

I'm like you but probably alot worse in terms of GPA. MY first MCAT was 34R (BS-11, VR-9, WS-R, PS-14) so as you can see, the VR kills me. I'd gladly take your 33 so I could at least hit Queens.

Your GPA cant be that bad if you make cuts for Western now can it?

Archived