Premed 101 Forums

Wierd Question

med88

I wrote the MCAT today and I have a quick question. Do they ever change one-two passages within a section and leave the rest similar for tests taken at the same time in the same sitting? Like my friend had a passage in BS today about oxytocin and uterine contractions, etc. But I definitely did not see this passage or do this passage. I'm just kind of worried now because I'm think I may have missed an entire passage, but I know I definitely reviewed and everything was complete. So I'm silently going crazy because I thought VR/PS was already hard but felt BS was pretty decent but now its like 'oh ****'

Any thoughts?

I wrote the MCAT today and I have a quick question. Do they ever change one-two passages within a section and leave the rest similar for tests taken at the same time in the same sitting? Like my friend had a passage in BS today about oxytocin and uterine contractions, etc. But I definitely did not see this passage or do this passage. I'm just kind of worried now because I'm think I may have missed an entire passage, but I know I definitely reviewed and everything was complete. So I'm silently going crazy because I thought VR/PS was already hard but felt BS was pretty decent but now its like 'oh ****'

Any thoughts?

Aren't there warnings for unmarked questions? And you would have seen a "completed" list of questions tallied at the end...it's not that easy to skip a passage.

Aren't there warnings for unmarked questions? And you would have seen a "completed" list of questions tallied at the end...it's not that easy to skip a passage.

Exactly. I went to review, and everything was complete. That's why I'm asking if sometimes they switch around passages.

I think you just answered your own question ;) --they must if you saw all completed answers.

LOL. Yeah, I know.....but there is a chance (really slight?) that I made a mistake. Gah, I don't know. Has anyone heard of the switching of a couple of passages with everything else identical?

My brother and I wrote our MCATs today and we encountered a similar thing....while debriefing afterwards he mentioned a couple questions from some passage I definitely DID NOT do...so I freaked out a bit, hit a couple innocent bystanders, turned over a new mother's baby stroller onto the road, then calmed down and figured I couldn't have missed an entire passage. There's slight differences ;)

My brother and I wrote our MCATs today and we encountered a similar thing....while debriefing afterwards he mentioned a couple questions from some passage I definitely DID NOT do...so I freaked out a bit, hit a couple innocent bystanders, turned over a new mother's baby stroller onto the road, then calmed down and figured I couldn't have missed an entire passage. There's slight differences ;)

lol. nicely put ;)

Archived