Premed 101 Forums

Credit hours

Rach

In my TMDSAS application I entered 0.5 as credit hours (as we do in AMCAS) but they did not convert those to the typical 3-5 credits in the US. Now TMDSAS said this:

We can make these updates if you notify us of how may semester hours 0.5 credits is worth at your university.

What does that mean? How do I know how many semester hours 0.5 is worth? :confused: I'm thinking I'll just give them the number of credit hours that AMCAS figured out when converting my grades, but frankly I can't back those numbers up since AMCAS seemed to randomly choose credit hours based on my lab work....

If, 0.5 = course of one semester, then 0.5 = 3 semester hours, 1 = 6 semester hours, 0.25 = 1.5 semester hours just as in AMCAS.

Sounds like Texas doesn't get many Canadian apps, or doesn't try very hard to accomodate...

Well that wouldn't work since 3 credit hours is a lecture course, and doesn't fulfill the lab requirements.... whereas my 0.5 credit courses here had 3 hours of lab a week which should take the number over 3.

Yeah I'm regretting doing the Texas thing but since I've wasted so much time on the essays I might as well keep it going.

Well that wouldn't work since 3 credit hours is a lecture course, and doesn't fulfill the lab requirements.... whereas my 0.5 credit courses here had 3 hours of lab a week which should take the number over 3.

Yeah I'm regretting doing the Texas thing but since I've wasted so much time on the essays I might as well keep it going.

Doesnt TMDSAS have anything like in AMCAS where you just check off if there was a lab or not?

All my courses had 0.5/1.0 credits but some had labs, which were converted to 4/8 hrs accordingly, upon my request on AMCAS.

Doesnt TMDSAS have anything like in AMCAS where you just check off if there was a lab or not?

All my courses had 0.5/1.0 credits but some had labs, which were converted to 4/8 hrs accordingly, upon my request on AMCAS.

Yep, I entered "lecture and lab" and yet they left my 0.5 credits as is. Then the email reply to my query made it out like I was an idiot for not putting in the correct credit hours. :confused:

AMCAS converted everything on their own so I assumed that it was going to be done the same way with TMDSAS. Not sure what to tell them now that they want the actual credit hours per semester.

Archived