Premed 101 Forums

Any September 12th'ers Out there?

supafield

Ouch, sorry to hear that Supafield. Yeah, be careful what you wish for...

I'm re-writing. We're lucky we're in Canada in that we can re-write, but not so lucky in that your scores probably would have pierced American schools if you were an American citizen.

VR was the easiest part on that test I found...I don't know what happpened...I thought I blew sciences and destroyed verbal but the results tell me the opposite. I'm going to be so mad if I just missed 1 question...Good thing they don't release that kind of data.

Hey Oct! You're back!! I rmb when I was lurking this site back in march/april, I saw a lot of your posts, which I found quite helpful.

Good to have you back. hehe.

Hey Oct! You're back!! I rmb when I was lurking this site back in march/april, I saw a lot of your posts, which I found quite helpful.

Good to have you back. hehe.

Thanks! Happy to help out. I'm sorta back, my job is keeping me really busy...in fact, I'm at the office right now! Although I don't have to be, I'm just a work-o-holic.

I rewrote for Western's Bio cutoff.... Queen's and Dal, the only other MCAT schools I applied to, take my best score... which is a my last one....

So while yes, my lowest MCAT score in 4 years is quite disappointing, I should be ok for at least an interview or two....

Best of luck to everyone else!

I blew it.....

my worst score of the 3 attempts despite having a 35 and 37 in my practice tests.

My lowest verbal score ever on an aamc at a 9...

and my physical was an 8.... I scored 12 and 15 on my two practice tests going in... and 11 and 12 on my last two actual attempts

Bio however.... the sole reason I rewrote because I needed an 11 for western... I got a 12 in.... haha sweet irony.

Sorry to hear that friend. What a stupid, stupid test.

It is, but beats relying on a time-stamped GPA...I'm ****ting bricks with my 3.7 cGPA. I'm going to re-write this thing in May 2010...Let's hope I can get my verbal up then...I can't understand how I can barely budget that verbal score. I thought I killed that section and got mauled on the sciences and writing, but the results are the complete opposite!!!

It is, but beats relying on a time-stamped GPA...I'm ****ting bricks with my 3.7 cGPA. I'm going to re-write this thing in May 2010...Let's hope I can get my verbal up then...I can't understand how I can barely budget that verbal score. I thought I killed that section and got mauled on the sciences and writing, but the results are the complete opposite!!!

Yeah it's unpredictable. I definitely agree though... it's way better than the alternative.

hm after a long battle with myself, I think I've finally decided that I'm pretty happy with my score:

13PS-9VR-12BS and S

I'm definitely a little disappointed in the VR, but on the practices I was consistently getting 10s which is pretty close. Ah well, better luck next time.

Congrats everybody!

this is gotta be the biggest **** up of my life, 13/7/14 Q (34Q) my verbal score makes me want to cry... how the **** i end up with 7 ??? i was hoping for like 10 or 11.

i dont' know what happened that day... my practice VRs are always above at least 8 or 9....

What the hell was wrong on verbal for that test!? I seriously think it was a ****ed up curve because those were the best passages and best questions I've received save for the pimping passage in EK 101. Even on EK I can constantly net 10-11s.

Nobody's ****ed up verbal worse than I have though! To go from a 10 the first write, to a FIVE the second write (having never scored less than a 9 EVER in practice... now that takes talent!). You're all right though, verbal is a joke and I think having STRICT verbal cutoffs is pretty stupid since I think everyone between a 9-11 has about the same reading skill.... and it's pretty easy to get even less than that depending on your luck.

Is it possible to have a particular section rescored such as VR? In the essentials document it says that you can request WS or all three multiple choice sections to be rescored.

I dunno what their protocol is for rescoring computer based MC exams but I suspect that it is nearly as involved as accepting online payments... you can't even have penciling error on the MCAT. So getting your VR rescored is handing over more money to an already money hungry organization.

But if 55 bucks is burning that much of a hole in your pocket and you can't find a fire to throw it in, AAMC will happily take it.

-Sorry, me and AAMC are not on good terms.

I am SO upset. I got a (10PS, 14BS, 11VR, P). I was SO close to meeting the cut-offs for Western! All I needed was a Q in the WS. And I really thought I rocked the WS on the mcat....I thought it was my best section! Western was my best shot at med school.........

Pay for a re-grade....

$55.... takes two months or something ridiculous like that... and you never know... it could go up.... it could also go down too... but it doesn't sound like you have much to lose as long as you don't mind potentially wasting $55.

Yeah, but it takes months....even if it goes up, won't it be too late?

Depends on how many months... I imagine if you can give notice to Western by mid january (3 months from now) you'd get consideration for your new score if you are lucky enough to have one.

It is probably best to ask what's the latest they will consider the results of a rescore by sending an e-mail their way.

Archived