Premed 101 Forums

Saint Louis requirements

Gitanjali

Hm, just got this in response to my academic change request:

Dear AMCAS Applicant,

I am writing in response to the academic change request you submitted on September 15, 2009.

We are unable to make the change you’ve requested because:

We have performed a review of your application in light of the request you submitted, and have determined that your application was verified in accordance with AMCAS policies.

The Academic Change Request process is available mainly for applicants to address verification errors or omissions that have a direct impact on the calculation of GPA or primary undergraduate school.

If you have questions regarding the Academic Change Request process, please feel free to contact us at (202) 828-0600 or by sending an email to amcas@aamc.org.

There is no question that these were courses with labs with them (from Western) that are marked as 3.0 or 6.0 credit hours. What the heck?!

Wow this is strange. Did you guys goto UofT? I called AMCAS and submitted ACR....I was treated quite fairly both times.

But as others said, it does not matter. They know how Canadian system works.

Hm, just got this in response to my academic change request:

Dear AMCAS Applicant,

I am writing in response to the academic change request you submitted on September 15, 2009.

We are unable to make the change you’ve requested because:

We have performed a review of your application in light of the request you submitted, and have determined that your application was verified in accordance with AMCAS policies.

The Academic Change Request process is available mainly for applicants to address verification errors or omissions that have a direct impact on the calculation of GPA or primary undergraduate school.

If you have questions regarding the Academic Change Request process, please feel free to contact us at (202) 828-0600 or by sending an email to amcas@aamc.org.

There is no question that these were courses with labs with them (from Western) that are marked as 3.0 or 6.0 credit hours. What the heck?!

I got this same e mail just now. I called AMCAS and they said that my school (McMaster) allots just 3 credit hrs for lab courses, so theres nothing they can do about it. I m guessing then it depdends on the institution you studied from whether or not you get 3 cr hrs or 4 cr hrs.....stupid Mac

Hey viscous,

thats wierd. I did my payment and submitted this app today in theevening and paid by credit card - it worked out. Are you sure your credit card account is functional? lol:p

I think it is, I just paid yesterday for another school through it.

I was just writing up my VCU secondary ...which also asks for 8 smester hours (and I have six)...when I started doubting whether its worth the money and effort to even apply because I dont meet their requisites.

But I know that VCU screens before sending out secondaries....anyone know what percentage of applicants get the secondary??

I was thinking that if VCU sent me a secondary after screening, then they must be ok with my 6 smester hours right?? So I guess what Im asking is..if you know that a school screens for secondary, and u get a secondary, then is it safe to assume taht u must have met their pre reqs.

I know this post sounds highly confused and incoherent, but thats an accurate reflection of my thought process right now:cool: :cool:

any feedback is welcome!

I just got a replay from St Louis:confused: hey r saying that I can only apply if I have 90 credits from US school, and canadian school can not substitute this requirement...... But I know ppl from Canada appying there.......????? any ideas????

Thats not good news at all! I alredy paid them my 100 dollar fee !! did u apply there already samira?

I just got a replay from St Louis:confused: hey r saying that I can only apply if I have 90 credits from US school, and canadian school can not substitute this requirement...... But I know ppl from Canada appying there.......????? any ideas????

I just called Saint Louis right now..and the lady said that you can apply bing a Canadian with Candian credit hours..she really did sound open to Canadains...she even said that having 6 credit hours intead of 8 cr hrs for my science courses doesnt really affect my app as long as its a year of these courses..then she went ahead and made a note of it on my app...Im wondering now if I should call all the 20 schools I applied to?? lol:rolleyes:

Samira - I dont know why you were told Canadians cant apply...I wish they would be more consistent!!

Rach - thnks for ure response!!! It encouraged me to call them in the first place:)

That's so weird.....

that's the email I got

Thank you for your email. We will need for you to have at least 90 credit hours of schooling in the United States before you can apply to our institution.

Shonda

Admissions Office

Washington University School of Medicine

So in order to clarify I wrote her again

90 credit hours only in the United States, or the same amount of credits from Canadian school can be counted as well?

Samira

Only 90 credit hours for the United States.

Shonda

Or there is misunderstanding???

Anyways, I'm applying next year so I will call all schools before that:)

That's so weird.....

that's the email I got

Thank you for your email. We will need for you to have at least 90 credit hours of schooling in the United States before you can apply to our institution.

Shonda

Admissions Office

Washington University School of Medicine

So in order to clarify I wrote her again

90 credit hours only in the United States, or the same amount of credits from Canadian school can be counted as well?

Samira

Only 90 credit hours for the United States.

Shonda

Or there is misunderstanding???

Anyways, I'm applying next year so I will call all schools before that:)

Samira I think you are confusing Washington University at Saint Louis with Saint Louis University.

They are two different institutions.

Samira I think you are confusing Washington University at Saint Louis with Saint Louis University.

They are two different institutions.

Yeah, this confused me so much the first time: University of Washington, Washington University at St. Louis and St. Louis University (they're all separate institutions with similar names!) :P

Yeah, this confused me so much the first time: University of Washington, Washington University at St. Louis and St. Louis University (they're all separate institutions with similar names!) :P

looooooool yea I was talking about Was Uni at St Louis:)

p.s sorry to confuse u all:p

Archived