Premed 101 Forums

clinical experience

magiman

You could volunteer at a hospital, requires no connections.

Well now...would you say "clinical experience" means just any experience that involves close proximity to patients, or actually working closely with doctors? Because wouldn't the latter experience be more challenging to acquire?

Well now...would you say "clinical experience" means just any experience that involves close proximity to patients, or actually working closely with doctors? Because wouldn't the latter experience be more challenging to acquire?

It involves working closely with patients. You don't necessarily need to work with doctors, but if you can get a better idea of what the profession involves, that's a bonus.

well i am working with this doctor... but i dunno if i should continue..

i am doing alot of paperwork and billing.. essentially doing his secretarial work (volunteer) and not really getting to see patients.. hes asking for huge committments like 20hrs a week and i am thinking that this would be best served elsewhere..

i haven't got to see patients and stuff

well i am working with this doctor... but i dunno if i should continue..

i am doing alot of paperwork and billing.. essentially doing his secretarial work (volunteer) and not really getting to see patients.. hes asking for huge committments like 20hrs a week and i am thinking that this would be best served elsewhere..

i haven't got to see patients and stuff

Do you think he could write you a good ref letter, by any chance?

Archived