Premed 101 Forums

INTERFOLIO...is it worth it?

newton13

i am thinking of subscribing to interfolio to organize and send my US med reference letters. Does anyone have any comments on the service? Pros or Cons?

I want something that will make gathering letters easier, and allow me to store them in case I have to reapply. Also, do I have the ability to send them to schools outside the US (i know it wont forward electronically, but can you still get them to mail the letters?)

Thanks!

All,

My name is Mike Lovell, a current member of staff at Interfolio, Inc. I saw some conversation building regarding our services, and I thought I would step in and clarify.

@polarb and @musicaldna Interfolio actually does deliver to institutions internationally, which includes our closer neighbors to the north. We allow our users to manually enter in the address they need, and this includes locations outside of the US.

Please do not hesitate to shoot me an email at mike@interfolio.com for additional clarification - I'd love to help!

Cheers,

Mike

I am not sure if my reviewers wrote something in the letter that pertains to applying to US schools. I wouldn't want to take the risk, though I am not sure what your case is.

I think I emailed McGill about that before I realized they needed those extra forms. But now I'm not actually going to use my interfolio account for mcgill. Was just mentioning that yes, interfolio can be used for some Canadian schools.

I would use interfolio. Most schools have switched to the AMCAS letter service, but there are a few that haven't. Nothing more annoying than asking your refs to mail out an extra 4 mails individually to the other institutions. Especially when you find out that the letter for one of the institutions never arrived, and you have to bother them again. :rolleyes:

BTW I just indirectly described my situation. It sucks. Everybody is not happy.

Archived