Premed 101 Forums

withdrawing from a school

Hey guys,

After some deliberation, I have decided to withdraw my application from Georgetown because of future difficulties I may have in funding my education there.

What is the protocol for withdrawing from a school? Do we have to give them written notice?

Thanks,

I guess you could just send an email, giving reasons for your withdrawal.

But that will still make you a re-applicant at Georgetown in future so why not just wait for their decision, especially now that you have paid them already.

An interview invite/rejection from here may sort of help you gauge your profile.

I guess you could just send an email, giving reasons for your withdrawal.

But that will still make you a re-applicant at Georgetown in future so why not just wait for their decision, especially now that you have paid them already.

An interview invite/rejection from here may sort of help you gauge your profile.

I second this. You've already paid your application fee so they might as well work for it and review your application. Who knows, maybe if you get an interview invite you might reconsider your options....

Agreed with the other replies in this thread.

Keep in mind that the cost for financing an med education in the US is substantially higher than the cost for a medical education in Canada. There are other schools with tuition and living fees comparable to that of Georgetown, so you may want to continue keeping your options open until you hear from them...it doesn't hurt to leave your options open for the time being...

Archived