Premed 101 Forums

In-Province in multiple provinces

I do not agree. Some, if not all, medical schools will only allow you to declare in-province status in a single province across all applications. This only seems fair.

From Dal's admissions website:

"All applicants are expected to claim the same place of residency on all applications to medical schools. Failure to do so may lead to rejection of the application. The decision of the Admissions Committee regarding the residency status of each applicant will be final and is not subject to appeal."

I do not agree. Some, if not all, medical schools will only allow you to declare in-province status in a single province across all applications. This only seems fair.

"All applicants are expected to claim the same place of residency on all applications to medical schools. Failure to do so may lead to rejection of the application. The decision of the Admissions Committee regarding the residency status of each applicant will be final and is not subject to appeal."

Perhaps, but how will Dal know how you applied to other schools? I doubt that they will cross-check with other schools. Someone in my class actually did that, both Ontario and NS residency.

• 4 weeks later...

mmmh I don't know....cause if you were born in QC your always a QC resident even if you lived there for the first couple of years of your life and never stepped foot in the province again. I don't see how the province that you've been a permanent resident for the last 24 months would expect your to revoke your birth right.

________

Stocks Game

mmmh I don't know....cause if you were born in QC your always a QC resident even if you lived there for the first couple of years of your life and never stepped foot in the province again. I don't see how the province that you've been a permanent resident for the last 24 months would expect your to revoke your birth right.

I don't think you know how med school applications work.

No actually, I do! You just have to know how to legitimately exploit the loopholes in the system ;)

research other threads and you'll see that I'm not the first one to catch on to this!

The Canadian schools that I've looked at don't have anything similar to a 'birthright'. Although it's possible to have multiple IP statuses, it doesn't matter where you were born. I lived in Alberta until I was 10 and a half, and I was born there. I don't qualify for IP status in Alta. schools though, and I am only IP for NB pools. I assure you, I've done my research. It doesn't matter what prov you were born in. All that matters is where you've lived for the past x amount of months, and in some cases, what high school you graduated from/attended for 2 years.

EDIT: I just realized that you may not have been using QC as an arbitrary example. I haven't looked into QC schools, so maybe they do have some status like that, but if that's the case, they're an exception to the rule. No english speaking school cares where you were born. It doesn't factor into their IP qualifiers.

The Canadian schools that I've looked at don't have anything similar to a 'birthright'. Although it's possible to have multiple IP statuses, it doesn't matter where you were born. I lived in Alberta until I was 10 and a half, and I was born there. I don't qualify for IP status in Alta. schools though, and I am only IP for NB pools. I assure you, I've done my research. It doesn't matter what prov you were born in. All that matters is where you've lived for the past x amount of months, and in some cases, what high school you graduated from/attended for 2 years.

EDIT: I just realized that you may not have been using QC as an arbitrary example. I haven't looked into QC schools, so maybe they do have some status like that, but if that's the case, they're an exception to the rule. No english speaking school cares where you were born. It doesn't factor into their IP qualifiers.

you figured it out. it's QC. I'm ON and QC, confirmed with 7 schools that dual IP for QC and ON is A-OK !

________

Vaporizers reviews

Ther above quoted website does not say "are required" or "shall lead" - so it is deliberately full of loopholes merely to discourage you. It certainly does not go so far as to say they will not allow you to declare in-province status in one province only.

Archived