Premed 101 Forums

Too late to add GWU?

Just had a chat with someone from GWU and realized that I mighta had a good shot there. I know it's really late in the game but with 4 rejections and no love from anyone, I feel like maybe adding GWU? Is it worth it at all?

If you have some extra money, do it. Write some really good essay(s) while you wait to get their secondary. You never know!

It is a school that gets 10 000 apps. I don't want to discourage you but I think that you need to have all the info to make a proper decision. They also have a relatively expensive secondary but it is easy to fill out (ie you can be complete fast).

I interviewed there and it is a great school. DC is great but I feel they aren't friendly to canadians post interview. Emphasize global health and public health experiences if you have it - It was my ticket to getting an interview (like 95% sure).

Applying to these schools with a severe number of applicants feels like throwing money away. I did a bit of reading about it after making the thread and with such a high number + my experiences with Georgetown and Boston, I feel like there's no point at this stage. Thanks for the advice all!

Archived