Premed 101 Forums

Aboriginal Recruitment to Medical Schools in the US

Nathan

Hello everyone,

I was curious if anyone had any information on which American med schools recruit, or attempt to recruit, from the Aboriginal, or American Indian, population. Average GPA's, other entrance requirements, links to sites, etc. are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

that's worth a search at student doctor (sdn) which you can do by keyword. there are some schools that focus more than others, although all are interested in diversity of the class.

another good way is to look up the catalogue that amcas publishes each year with all the med schools - they break down class composition by ethnicity, so you can see which schools have a larger proportion.

i'm remembering the names of like north dakota and oklahoma too... and then ivies can always be surprising that way (i.e. in terms of valuing diversity).

remember that if you have status in canada, the Jay's Treaty means you do not need a student visa for the states, and in fact i believe gives you access to a green card and residency....Yale knows about it. so you should be in line for the scholarships etc...especially if you get your status there before applying.

hope that gives some leads.

Archived