Premed 101 Forums

Transcripts Received?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi,

I've just submitted my application. Does anyone know how to check if they received my transcripts yet?

W

PS I mailed them in Sept 25

If you go to dalonline you should be able to check your application status. There, it will tell you when your supplementary stuff was received. Mine even says that my high school transcript was recieved in 2005 from when I applied for my undergrad.

Great, I see it. Thanks guys.

W

PS I really hope they have my stuff on file somewhere and its not misplaced :P .

===

Also for all would be applicants just an FYI there are two mailing addresses for the transcripts. Based on what the homepage states and the website when you submit your application.

I've asked for clarification but haven't gotten a reply yet.

Admissions & Student Affairs

Rm C-132, Clinical Research Centre

5849 University Avenue,

Halifax, NS

B3H 4H7

Faculty of Medicine

Admissions & Student Affairs Office

Room C-124 Lower Level Clinical Research Centre

5849 University Ave

Halifax, NS B3H 4H7

go to medicine.dal.ca and follow links

okay...i tried it and still does not show anything. I've waited 24 hours.

Submitted Applications

Admission Term 2010/2011 Regular

Application Type Dalhousie Medicine (MD)

Field of Study Doctor of Medicine (MD)

Date Created Sep 04, 2009

^^ the above is what it says in a table format when I go to check if transcripts have been received.

newb, don't worry. I'm in the same boat, I remember a similar thing from last year, you shouldn't fret about it. There seem to be a bunch of us in the same boat when it comes to having a blank field in the transcripts received box, so you're not alone.

I suspect they just haven't had the chance to enter this field into our apps yet, whether they've gotten your transcript or not.

Great, I see it. Thanks guys.

W

PS I really hope they have my stuff on file somewhere and its not misplaced :P .

===

Also for all would be applicants just an FYI there are two mailing addresses for the transcripts. Based on what the homepage states and the website when you submit your application.

I've asked for clarification but haven't gotten a reply yet.

Admissions & Student Affairs

Rm C-132, Clinical Research Centre

5849 University Avenue,

Halifax, NS

B3H 4H7

Faculty of Medicine

Admissions & Student Affairs Office

Room C-124 Lower Level Clinical Research Centre

5849 University Ave

Halifax, NS B3H 4H7

I'd love to know what the response is! I sent it to the top address... rm C-132.

In my account it says that the only thing they have received so far is my application fee. Nothing else! no mcat, no transcript. Anyone in the same boat? I am an oop applicant, and I don't remember which of the 2 addresses I have sent my transcript to :( .

Don't worry same here...

my application was received October 14th... I released the MCAT october 12th or so and mailed my transcript around Sept 20th....

Only thing received though is my fee.....

I looked at the thread last year, and some of them were still waiting for their received status in December after applying Nov 3rd. It's a lot of data entry work.

Don't worry same here...

my application was received October 14th... I released the MCAT october 12th or so and mailed my transcript around Sept 20th....

Only thing received though is my fee.....

I looked at the thread last year, and some of them were still waiting for their received status in December after applying Nov 3rd. It's a lot of data entry work.

I mailed my transcript and released the MCAT at the end of August though, can they be that slow? Thanks for the reply btw.

This thread brings light to the reasons why OMSAS has that strict september 15th deadline to create an account even though that application deadline is October 1st.

They likely just want to get a head start on entering what they can as it comes in and not wait for the giant rush.

I wouldn't worry too much yet. They just got your applications submitted, it's not an automatic process, people have to go through each application and make sure everything is submitted so it'll take a while before they update items received. And it doesn't matter if you send stuff to C-132 or C -124, they have split up the office across those 2 rooms, so either way it'll get to the correct location.

Perhaps with such a close deadline, they're feverishly trying to do the file reviews before worrying about entering all the info onto the computer.

I really have no idea how it works. Perhaps it would good to ask prior to the November 2nd deadline for later interviews and in case something was still missing, you could just resend it for the later interview.

Archived