Premed 101 Forums

Did anyone send their primary before AMCAS got your transcripts?

DJDakoo

Just wondering when people sent their primary applications.

I sent my primary off to schools before AMCAS confirmed they got my transcripts/ref letters....was that the wrong thing to do?..

anyone else send their primary out before AMCAS confirmed receipt?

There is nothing wrong with submitting your application before AMCAS receives the transcripts.

Schools do not see your AMCAS until all the materials are received and the application is verified by AMCAS (takes few weeks).

There is nothing wrong with submitting your application before AMCAS receives the transcripts.

Schools do not see your AMCAS until all the materials are received and the application is verified by AMCAS (takes few weeks).

takes a few weeks for AMCAS to verify the application?..really?..is that AFTER they receive the transcripts/ref letters?

takes a few weeks for AMCAS to verify the application?..really?..is that AFTER they receive the transcripts/ref letters?

They verify once they receive ALL transcripts. LOR's are not needed to be considered complete (this comes for being complete for the secondaries). At this point in the season it is sooooo late that there may not be as many applicants to have their transcripts verified, but I wouldn't count on being complete until at least 2 weeks after your last transcript gets in.

If you are applying this cycle and still don't have transcripts in, you're gonna have a lot of praying to do.

Archived