Premed 101 Forums

New activities since AMCAS app

Hello all you smart ppl,

I have a qestion....I did two important activities after I submitted my Primary AMCAS app in August - I went on a week long volunteer trip overseas and I got a part time position as an RA . While these activities are not as big as say getting published or presenting at an international conference, Im now thinking they could potentially enhance my US apps. I called AMCAS and they said I cant add any more activities now. So should I e mail all the 17- 18 school Ive applied to directly or should I write an updating letter or should I call them? Im notsure of the protocol here...I wonder if they'll add this stuff into my app in time...

Any advise would be much appreciated:)

Hello all you smart ppl,

I have a qestion....I did two important activities after I submitted my Primary AMCAS app in August - I went on a week long volunteer trip overseas and I got a part time position as an RA . While these activities are not as big as say getting published or presenting at an international conference, Im now thinking they could potentially enhance my US apps. I called AMCAS and they said I cant add any more activities now. So should I e mail all the 17- 18 school Ive applied to directly or should I write an updating letter or should I call them? Im notsure of the protocol here...I wonder if they'll add this stuff into my app in time...

Any advise would be much appreciated:)

Actually I will soon have to send interest/update letters to schools. The deal is that some schools will simply ignore it. Off the top of my head, Albany and Penn State come to mind.

Guest viscous

^^ I think you will have to send an update to each individual school. But again most would say that those or similar activities are not significant enough to update the school about, at least from what I read on sdn.

If you feel that it's important to send those updates, you should definitely do it. It's not like if it wasn't significant enough the school that was going to initially interview you wouldn't after receiving it. Wow, triple negative??? lol

And Gitanjali, you just attach a word document to your email indicating the update. At the same time, you could also add why you're interested in the school and how these new activities you're doing might fit the school or school mission.

Archived