Premed 101 Forums

BEd GPA calculation?

If you have a year of P/F courses those wouldn't be considered at all because there is no way to calculate a GPA from that. But if you have a completed masters degree (your MSc) then all courses from your masters degree (with marks) would be taken as 1 year and averaged with your best 2 consecutive years of undergrad to give the GPA that would be used. But if it works in your favour to use just your undergrad marks either last 2 years or best 3 years (where it's already completed) then those would be used and the MSc would not be considered. They try to give you the best chance based on the marks you have so when they have options they take the best GPA that would be made from those options.

I hope that helps.

Ok, that is good news I guess.

So my 3rd year I had a GPA of 3.63

My 4th year I had a GPA of 3.56

and my MSc was a 4.0

So my cGPA would be 3.73

Do you think that would be competitive enough (with decent MCATs) for in province? With 3 degrees, I don't really know what else I can do to raise my GPA more.

I do think that would be a competitive GPA in province. Although I can't guarantee that the number you got will be the number they use. They convert everything to OMSAS. They convert each grade and then get the GPA from that so you should go look at the OMSAS conversion sheet (you can find it online) and try to calculate based on that for the true GPA used. It likely won't be a big difference but it might be slightly different.

Cheers!

Archived