Premed 101 Forums

Books for Verbal Section

Tina_HP

Hi everyone. I have been doing some practice tests for the Verbal Section of the MCAT and I am finding that my weak points are in Humanities and Natural Sciences sections of the Verbal section. Is there any books, articles etc. that you guys would recommend for improving in Humanities and Natural Sciences section?

Hey,

the verbal reasoning 101 from Exam krackers is a must have.

:)

other than that.. i believe the best way to prepare for this section is to read articles from different journals and after reading each paragraph, summarize the main points/ideas. This is something that you can make a habit of doing right before you go to bed each night. (that's what i did).

hope this helps,

• 2 weeks later...

If you run out of practice material, I recommend buying an official LSAT practice book. They have a section almost identical to VR albeit shorter. There is also a part to the LSAT called Logical Reasoning that I would recommend people to try. It is a section where questions contain a paragraph of varying length followed by a question. I recommend people try it as it definitely will help you critically read blurbs of whatever and understand what the question is asking for (just like you would have to for the MCAT when multiple answers seem right).

Archived