Premed 101 Forums

Mcat Prep Books

Kamal007

I plan on writing the MCAT in about a year.

I plan on purchasing 2 prep books but I’m not sure which 2 would be best. I’m aware of TBR, PR, EK, Gold Standard and Kaplan. I was hoping to purchase one that would provide a more streamlined review for biology and chemistry since I feel comfortable with those subjects. Im guessing EK would be best. However, I'm hoping to also get a book that can go into detail from the basics for physics since I feel that it is my weakest subject out of the MCAT material. Im not sure which of the MCAT prep books would be best that goes into detail for physics that can provide a solid basic foundation along with the MCAT material.

Also what is the best book for the verbal section?

I plan on writing the MCAT in about a year.

I plan on purchasing 2 prep books but I’m not sure which 2 would be best. I’m aware of TBR, PR, EK, Gold Standard and Kaplan. I was hoping to purchase one that would provide a more streamlined review for biology and chemistry since I feel comfortable with those subjects. Im guessing EK would be best. However, I'm hoping to also get a book that can go into detail from the basics for physics since I feel that it is my weakest subject out of the MCAT material. Im not sure which of the MCAT prep books would be best that goes into detail for physics that can provide a solid basic foundation along with the MCAT material.

Also what is the best book for the verbal section?

You've come to the right forum for this! Try searching for more info. There's lots of it here. I used EK, TPR, Kaplan, and NOVA.

• 1 year later...

Archived