Premed 101 Forums

Is Ottawa P/F or H/P/F?

• 2 months later...

and if people are looking for a super competitive, hate your classmates sort of deal, we definitely are not that.

uOttawa medicine in present (and past) years has been known to have an excellent student body. We have great class dynamics and are always out to support one another! :)

and if people are looking for a super competitive, hate your classmates sort of deal, we definitely are not that.

uOttawa medicine in present (and past) years has been known to have an excellent student body. We have great class dynamics and are always out to support one another! :)

Definitely agree with above. The only thing, I guess, that super high marks can get you (at least in my year, not sure if it's still true with the new curriculum) is a block award for the best mark of the whole class (or, in clerkship, an award for best student in that rotation). Clearly not many people get these and there's absolutely no pressure to try, no matter how competitive the specialty you want is. It can be a bonus if you get one but won't hurt a bit for those who don't (ie vast majority of students). There's such an absence of pressure to get those that I don't even think everyone realizes they exist.

Archived