Premed 101 Forums

OOP Waitlist

Hey all, I found this site a long time ago, and it's been helpful. I forgot to post my results. I am in the GTA. My letter got lost in the mail, but I called and the admissions dept mailed me a new one.

I am on the OOP waitlist, between spots 6-9 (to not give myself away completely).

Interviewed in Saint John at early interviews in Nov.

4th Year Undergrad at U of T

UG GPA: 3.99 (last 2 years)

MCAT: 11/12/11 S

ECs: Usual research, volunteering, etc.

For those higher than me on the OOP waitlist, I can tell you that Dal is not high on my list. I had interviews at 5 ON schools, and I would rank 3 of them higher than Dal for me. Obviously this is not a knock on the school. Dal is great, but I didn't really see the campus, and would prefer to be closer to home. Good luck to all on the waitlist, and sorry to all those rejected. I'm sure you'll all end up where you want to!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know if the OOP wait list has started moving? I am between 4-7 on the wait list and Dal is high on my list!! UBC only gives us 4 days to say yes/no so it would be great to know if Dal is a possibility before then.

I don't honestly know, but my guess is you're probably not going to see any movement until at least May 13-14, when other OOP schools give out acceptances. Of those with multiple acceptances, most will probably wait at least a day or two after that before declining/accepting at Dal (to make up their mind, weigh pros/cons, etc). It is possible that WL movement has already occurred, as McGill and I believe MUN have already sent out OOP acceptances.

I didn't realize UBC was so strict with their offers, but maybe someone with experience in this process can tell you how long it took in previous years for OOP waitlist movement to occur after all schools had sent out acceptances.

• 1 month later...

Archived