Premed 101 Forums

University of Melbourne M.D. Applications for 2011 - Now Open

G’day everyone,

How are you all?

I know many of you have been waiting to find out when applications to the University of Melbourne’s new Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) program would open for the 2011 intake.

Applications to the M.D. program at the University of Melbourne for the 2011 intake are now OPEN via OzTREKK.

You can apply now at:

http://oztrekk.com/programs/how/melbourne_medicine.php

For a program overview, please visit: http://www.oztrekk.com/programs/medicine/PG/melbourne.php

Entry Requirements:

a. Academic record: grade point average (GPA) from a completed three-year (or more) university degree in any discipline. GPA will be calculated based on a weighted aggregate over the final three years of study. Your final year of study will be given a weighting of 3, your second to final year a weighting of 2 and your third to final year of study will be given a weighting on 1; and

b. Pre-requisite subjects: completion of the following subjects at second-year university level or above (one each) in anatomy, physiology and biochemistry; and

c. Test results in an aptitude test: MCAT or GAMSAT. MCAT test results from January, 2008 to May, 2010 (inclusive) will be accepted. Applicants sitting the MCAT test more than once within this date range, may choose which set of scores to include with their application; and

d. Structured multi mini interview (MMI): to be held in September for those short listed.

In early June 2010, OzTREKK will be hosting its annual Canadian licensing workshops across Canada, which are exclusive to those who apply to an Australian medical school via OzTREKK. These workshops provide you with the latest information regarding the accreditation and licensing process if you wish to return to Canada to practice, and provide you with some of your options.

If you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to contact Alison Simser, OzTREKK Medical School Admissions Officer, at any time via e-mail: alison@oztrekk.com or by calling 1 866 698 7355.

Once again, to apply, please visit: http://oztrekk.com/programs/how/melbourne_medicine.php

Wishing you all the best with your application to Melbourne!

Cheers,

Matt

G'day everyone,

There are a few more details which I can update you on regarding Melbourne's requirements for admission in to the new M.D. program:

1.MCAT requirements: No minimum has been set but it is likely to be only applicants who have achieved 8/8/M/8 who will be considered.

2. Pre-requisite subject outlines: Those who apply should submit full subject syllabi including information on assessment to have the subjects assessed for equivalency. This is pertaining to the pre-requisite subjects required by Melbourne in the areas of anatomy, physiology and biochemistry.

3. Pre-requisite subject completion: You must have completed all three pre-requisite subjects required by Melbourne to have your application considered and assessed.

Hope this helps.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to e-mail me or Alison.

Cheers,

Matt

• 3 weeks later...

G'day ohdear,

Thanks for your post.

The deadline to the University of Melbourne's M.D. program is Friday, June 25, 2010. Unlike the University of Queensland's medical program, which does not have a deadline by which you need to apply by, the University of Melbourne does.

I would recommend that you submit your application through to the OzTREKK office here in Canada by Thursday, June 24, 2010 at the latest. Your application is then electronically submitted to Melbourne, so that it arrives in Melbourne first thing in the morning on Friday, June 25, 2010.

For more information, please don't hesitate to visit: http://www.oztrekk.com/programs/medicine/PG/melbourne.php

Hope this helps. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me at any time.

Cheers,

Matt

G'day JB_15,

Thanks for your post.

Yes, this is not an issue. Just send me an e-mail to the following address (matt@oztrekk.com), including roughly when you would like to undertake your rotation at Melbourne and I will send it through to the Clinical Placement Officer at the University.

Hope this helps. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me at any time.

Cheers,

Matt

Archived