Premed 101 Forums

English Prereq

I'm considering to applying to American schools this summer. My problem is that I don't have a full year of English which a lot of schools require. I only have a half year of English (1 semester). I'm just looking from some comments from those who have been through the process. Do you think my file would be processed without that full year of english? I would, however, take another English course if I got in so that i could meet the requirements. Or is that even allowed?

You can take the english course in the fall/winter session next year! You will need to get your prereqs by April of 2011. So, I think you can get a conditional acceptance (not sure about this) but your file will def be looked at.

Wrong. By matriculation.

oh so you can complete it in the summer then?

Depends on the school. I think in general yes, some schools no, they want them done by January 31.

I think what you can do , and what I am planning on doing is on the application form where you list courses, you can put in courses you intend to take next year, so for myself I will list an english course at ryerson even though I am fully graduated. But I am not entirely sure if this is true.

Archived